THE WOODLANDS, TX – A variety of family-friendly events can be enjoyed at Market Street May through August as the shopping and entertainment destination hosts a variety of musical acts, artists, a wine walk and more this summer.
Scheduled events include spring and summer concerts, a spring Fine Arts Show, Fiesta Universal, H-E-B Wine Walk at Market Street, 40th Annual South Montgomery County 4th of July Parade, and the monthly Cars & Coffee for a Cause.
• Concert Series – Market Street’s Spring Concert Series takes place Thursdays, April 23 through May 28 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. featuring live music from local favorites Mango Punch, FAB 5, Joseph Vincelli, The Brew and Hanna’s Reef. The Summer Concert Series returns Thursdays, July 16 through August 20, with performers to be determined.
• Spring Fine Arts Show –Saturday, May 2 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., amateur and professional artists showcase their paintings, photography, jewelry, metal works, sculptures, digital art, mixed media and other works of art. Admission to the event is free and a featured performance from Rattletree Band will showcase high-energy African Marimba tunes from 5 – 7 p.m.
• Fiesta Universal – Thursday, May 7 from 6 – 9 p.m. Market Streets joins with the Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to host a celebration of Hispanic flavors, dance, music and art.
• H-E-B Wine Walk at Market Street – Thursday, June 4 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. visitors to Market Street can enjoy multiple wine tasting stations and hear from industry experts as part of Wine & Food Week in The Woodlands, June 2 – June 6, 2015. Tickets and additional details can be found at www.wineandfoodweek.com.
• 40th Annual South Montgomery County 4th of July Parade – Saturday, July 4 at 9 a.m., spectators can enjoy dozens of floats, marching bands, special guests and more who make their way through Market Street as part of this annual parade.
• Cars & Coffee for a Cause – First Sunday of each month, from 9 – 11 a.m, the Woodlands Car Club presents a collection of vintage automobiles and muscle cars. Admission is free but guests are able to make a donation to Market Street’s Change for Charity beneficiaries.
For more information on these and other Market Street events, visit www.marketstreet-thewoodlands.com, on Facebook.com/MarketStreetTheWoodlands and on Twitter at @MarketStreetTX. Also, follow its blog for updates, fashion tips and more at blog.marketstreet-thewoodlands.com.
Located across the street from The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Market Street is bound by Lake Woodlands Drive, Lake Robbins Drive, Grogan’s Mill Road and Six Pines Drive. Market Street is owned by a joint venture between an affiliate of Trademark Property Company and Institutional Mall Investors.